Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Got the wheels finished. Started on the base plate today. Looks more like a dragster than a pickup right now. You can see the 1 to 1.5 scaling in the first picture.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Starting to build the wheels. I am going to make the tires out of wood and paint them black. I was able to use two different hole saws to make the tires.

My next project is going to be a 1934 Ford Pickup. I purchased a plastic model to get all the details. It is too small so I am going to scale it up 50%. So one inch on the model will be 1.5 inches.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

My first attempt at jewelry, a key fob with state of Texas quarter inlaid into it. It is real shiny now, but I am going to test it on my key ring to see how it holds up over time before I make more.

The Tie Fighter is done

Sunday, March 16, 2014

finished the command module. Starting on the second wing. Here is what it looks like

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Moving on with the Tie Fighter

1) wing polished
2) add connecting beam
3) wing standing up with beam
4) starting on command module

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Worked more on Tie Fighter today
1) before and after rough and finished
2) finished side
3) two sides of the wing will be joined with an edge strip
4) edge strip on and polished

Starting to work on the Tie Fighter 
1) cut out shape
2) anneal by heating to make pliable
3) making wing supports
4) rough version done

Saturday, March 8, 2014

I took a couple of new pictures today. I am really struggling with the final finish. I sprayed it with lacquer and didn't like the outcome so I removed it. I am going to try a wax finish instead.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I started to model a starship in cardboard and after looking at all the angles and curves, I decided to try a Tie Fighter instead.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

I finally got the headlight like I wanted it. Everything is finished now. I am in the polishing stage. This takes a few days because when I am polishing I may notice a slight imperfection that needs work. Sometimes polishing will break something loose. Here are some pictures after initial polishing.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I finished the tender today. I am reworking the headlight on the engine next and I will be done soon.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Moving on with the tender.

1) trial look with tender on the base
2) Attaching the wheels to the base

Friday, February 21, 2014

I am making wheels for the tender today

1) cutting wheels out of 1/8" copper
2) blanks all cut out
3) solder 3 pieces together
4) finished wheel

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I just received my mini brake press in the mail. I have been waiting for it to bend the tender base and sides.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I am waiting for some copper to finish the tender, meanwhile I have decide the headlight is too big and lacking detail so reworked it. Here is the old and new. I still don't like the mount so that will have to be redone.