Thursday, February 27, 2014

I finally got the headlight like I wanted it. Everything is finished now. I am in the polishing stage. This takes a few days because when I am polishing I may notice a slight imperfection that needs work. Sometimes polishing will break something loose. Here are some pictures after initial polishing.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I finished the tender today. I am reworking the headlight on the engine next and I will be done soon.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Moving on with the tender.

1) trial look with tender on the base
2) Attaching the wheels to the base

Friday, February 21, 2014

I am making wheels for the tender today

1) cutting wheels out of 1/8" copper
2) blanks all cut out
3) solder 3 pieces together
4) finished wheel

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I just received my mini brake press in the mail. I have been waiting for it to bend the tender base and sides.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I am waiting for some copper to finish the tender, meanwhile I have decide the headlight is too big and lacking detail so reworked it. Here is the old and new. I still don't like the mount so that will have to be redone.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

I did not like the look of the tender. the wheels were too small and body wasn't that good so I tore it down and started all over. I trimmed the wheelsets to more accurate proportions and made spacers using pennies. The wheels will be one size larger.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I am working on the tender. here is the rough version before cleanup and adding detail.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

starting on the tender
1 making wheels with my circle cutter and a few pennies
2 two sets of 4 wheels
3 made the base section of the tender
4 photo of the real tender

Monday, February 3, 2014

I worked on a few details today. I made a totally new sand dome, shortened the smokestack and added a whistle on the steam dome.